Cooper Wealth Management – Your Award-Winning, Independent Financial Planner
A personal plan that allows you to create the wealth you need for the lifestyle you want
- Get clear on what you want your future to look like
- Prioritise your cash flow to align with your short and long term goals
- Pay down debt in the most effective way, so that you know how you will one day retire without the burden of debt
- Optimise your tax position
- Set up your assets so that they will be tax effective if you pass away
- Ensure you and your family will be looked financially if something happens to you
- Reduce unnecessary insurance, super and investment costs
- Create an investment strategy that meets your income and future growth objectives
- Have accountability to keep you on track to meet your goals
- Answer with confidence when family or friends ask you “So what’s your plans look like”
All of these outcomes are completely within your reach…. but they DO depend on a step by step approach to help you make the most of every opportunity.
One that has been built especially for you, but still draws on the knowledge and systems created by award-winning financial specialists.
After all, your current position is different to that of your friends and family (let alone that of some complete stranger)…. And so is the future you want for yourself.
That’s why I’m so excited to introduce you to Cooper Wealth Management.
Meet Felicity and the Team at Cooper Wealth Management – 3 times winner of Financial Planner of the Year.
As an Independent Financial Planning Practice, Cooper Wealth Management exists solely to help you create and manage the wealth you need for the lifestyle you want.
With over 25 years of experience in the industry, including with some of the biggest names out there (like Goldman Sachs JBWere, Macquarie and Morgans), Felicity created Cooper Wealth Management to take a stand against sales quotas, commission bonuses, or dumbed-down strategy or product lists…
Instead, we offer The Wealth Framework for crafting the best financial plan which puts you at the centre of every recommendation: from strategy, to product, to implementation and keeping you on track.
All of this is completely tailored so you get more of what you want out of life, in the quickest, most cost effective, optimised way possible.
Meaning, you get to enjoy more of what you want out of life… both from a financial and lifestyle point of view, all while having a clear plan that you know let’s you take advantage of every opportunity to make your money work smarter for you…. instead of you feeling like you’re on the mouse wheel, working harder than ever but never really getting ahead.
So – How do we do it? How do we get you from where you are now… to that future you where you’ve got your financial sh*t together and know with complete confidence that you’re on track?
You do it with our Award Winning 5-point W.E.A.L.T.H. Stacking Process. A really clear method to align your money with what matters, creates a plan to get you where you want to go, and keeps you on track through the journey.
This is where we’ll get really clear on why money matters to you, and what you hope your future life looks like.
We all know money is important. It gives you freedom and choice. It lets you decide where and how you want to live your life.
But peel that back a layer. What choices do you want to be able to make? What role does money play in your life?
Does it let you experience things, travel, buy nice food, and live a full life?
Does it let you look after other people, so that you can support family, or community, or provide education for the kids?
Does it provide security, so that you can sleep at night?
If you start making financial goals, or plans that don’t align with your money values you’re never going to be able to stick with the strategy long term.
By the time we’ve been through Stack #1 with you, you’ll know which of the 3 core drivers you align with…. After all, there’s no point making you an awesome financial plan that sends you in the wrong direction.
Awesome. Now we know what your priorities are, and what your goals are.
Here’s where we dive deep into where you are right now. Think of it like an Uber drive. We can’t plan the best route to the destination if we don’t start with the pick up point.
We’re going to add some major horsepower to your financial plan by diving deeper than just numbers. We want to do a full financial health check, as well as a scientifically based behavioural profile just to see if there are any of the 6 key wealth building habits that might be holding you back at the moment from building the wealth you need to get you where you want to go.
And…. we’ll do all of this WITHOUT overwhelm. How? Well, we’re here to make it easy…
We’ll help with the data collection
We’ll sit down with you (in person or on Zoom, whichever floats your boat) and create a picture of your current financial position (one without the blah-di-blah jargon that no-one understands)… And
We’ll guide you through the process one clear step at a time.
So this is where things get fun – real fun 🙂
Well, for us anyway. Because most of this stack is done in our Engine room.
Now that we know exactly where you are AND where you want to get to, we’re going to create a plan for the MOST efficient way to get you from A to B.
How do we do that?
We run numbers….. lots and lots of numbers (see, I told you it was fun!).
We’ll run different strategies and combinations of strategies until we find the best one for YOU.
- One that aligns with what’s important to you, while also satisfying our inner geek need to:
- minimise tax and costs,
- find investment options that suit you,
- find you the best option for your super,
- optimise your cash flow (answering the question of should I pay down my loan or put more into super),
- review your insurance,
- make sure you have your will and power of attorney in place,
- look into your retirement funding (I know it seems a long way away but it’s never too early to start forward planning)
And we’ll run those again, and again (and sometimes, again), until we come up with the optimal plan.
Then…. We sit down with you and explain it all to you, making sure you understand the possibilities and strategies.
And then (because sometimes things change), if we need to, we’ll tweak it again… Before we…
I’m not going to lie – this is the boring bit…. which is why you’ll be glad you have us on your team.
Ever had a great plan, business idea or investment idea that you then never actually did?
That’s what this stack is all about. We make sure the awesome plan we put together actually happens (after all what good is an award winning plan that then sits in a folder and never comes to life).
And…. Your plan is going to need product to implement it (eg you can’t have super without a super platform) – so we’ll research which product is best to put your plan in place and make recommendations to you.`
Once you give us the okay, 80% of the work will be done for you:
We’ll do all the paperwork (right down the the ‘sign here’ sticky notes)
We’ll send them off and follow them up (because you have no idea how many times things ‘go missing in the mail’)
We will be with you every. step. of. the. way. making sure that everything you thought was a cool idea actually happens.
Ever feel like money talk is another language?
We know that people who understand that language (or at least the foundations) make better financial decisions… with or without a financial planner.
We’re here to empower you, not make you feel like an idiot because we speak to you in jargon you don’t understand (What, you don’t know all the in’s and out’s of a reversionary pension or recontribution strategy???? It’s okay – you’re not meant to – that’s our job!).
And in the world of finance, knowledge does equal power.
So… we’re going to take the time to make sure you understand all the strategies we’re recommending to get you to that future life you’ve been dreaming of.
Our goal is that if anyone ever asks “Oh, why did you do that???” you’re not going to answer with “ah, I dunno, cause my planner told me too?”…. You’re going to sound like the responsible financial adult that you are… and what’s more is you’ll do it confidently because you’ll know exactly what you’re talking about!
Happy Dance (we used to call this ‘Harvest’, but hell, who doesn’t love a ‘Happy Dance’)
Oh yeah baby!
Many of you will be tempted to think our work is done.
But, it’s only just beginning. There’s 2 key steps to go.
- You set the foundation, we gave it some horsepower, and we made a few tweaks in the Engine room before sending you out on the road. Now, we want to make improvements every lap. After all, conditions change – you change, and your plan needs to adapt with you.
- The victory lap. Remember when you told us that you wanted to save for a holiday? Or pay off the credit card, or know you had enough money to be able to retire without relying on the Age Pensions (because, you didn’t want to drink cask wine)? Well, we’re here to hold you accountable to those things.
You’ve done the hard work. You’ve stuck with the plan (albeit with the odd adjustment when the wheels fell off the wagon… that’s okay it happens to everyone).
It’s time for a “Hell yes, this is my life” happy dance.
Do You Need A Financial Planner?
You’re ready to work with us to move towards your very own financial happy dance if:
- You’re wondering how you’re going to be able to retire some day, and want to make sure you absolutely NAIL the next few years
- You’ve been trying to pay down your debt and grow your super for a while now (maybe even years), but you aren’t getting ahead as much as you were hoping for
- You’ve already paid down your debt but now need to make sure that free cashflow is going to work for you
- You are already doing a pretty good job ‘adulting your money’, but want to make sure you’re doing the best you possibly could with it
- You care about making sure you (and your family) will be okay financially if you can’t work
- You’re excited about how much better life would be if you could “just get this money thing sorted
- You know that if you see a financial planner, you want one who is good at what they do and isn’t just going to try and sell you stuff
- You actually want to learn about how to make great money choices and know you can’t pin your financial future on the hopes of buying a winning lotto ticket
If you caught yourself nodding to at least 2 of the points above, then right now you’ve got nothing to lose and (possibly) everything to gain by having a chat – and I CANNOT wait to see if we can help you reach your full financial potential.
Awesome – we love questions!
Here’s the most common questions we get asked when we open our doors to new clients: