In a world of lower interest rates, and lower growth making sure you’re in the right investments is more important than ever.
At Cooper Wealth Management, we focus on enhancing returns and identifying the risks to your investment strategy.
Underlying our investment recommendations is a robust strategy and management system to provide you with proactive advice:
- Asset Allocation: We start with working out an asset allocation strategy that gives you a balance of asset types, including managing the balance of cash, fixed interest, property exposure and equities. The balance of these will help weather market volatility and protect your capital.
- Portfolio Optimisation: We then choose a mix of managers and direct investments that optimise your portfolio, so that your individual investments work together to provide income and long term capital growth.
- Tax effective income solutions: To compare one investment against another it is important to compare like, and on a post-tax basis. With so many different investment vehicles (companies, trusts, superannuation, personal name), and the different tax treatments of both income and capital gains (eg franking credits and discounted gains) it is important that tax implications are considered at every step of the investment process.
- Regular review process: The days of buying and holding a portfolio without any proactive management is past. The world is changing at a fast pace, and the companies and managers you invest in need to keep up with the changes or face underperforming (just think of Kodak!). We structure our advice on regular portfolio reviews allowing for adjustments to be made on a timely basis.
- Education: We firmly believe the more you understand why we make the recommendations we make the better decisions you can make. With Cooper Wealth Management, you won’t get lost in the jargon, instead we will take the time to explain your investment options and guide you through your wealth management journey.